• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Problem with adding a second mysql server

GeorgeMak

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a dedicated server and I am about to get a few high traffic sites that will be Joomla based and MySQL served. What I am thinking a about is to create another MySQL instance, leave the current websites on the "old" instance and get the new ones onto a separate instance.

I am on PPP 11.0.9 on windows and the current mysql version is 5.1.56 on port 3306 (I can get other ports for other instances if that helps)

What I did was the following:

In the Database Servers page, I hit "Add Database Server"
In the next page I add the following:
MySQL (from the dropdown)
localhost
(leave blank the default check box)
I then add the Administrator's username and passwords and hit OK.

The next page, reports an error message (in between asterisks below):
Error: Test connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
The primary (eg. current) mysql instance is working fine, it's just I cannot add a second server...

Anything I am doing the wrong way? Please advise
Thank you
GM

First of all make sure that you have not firewalled port 3307. Try to connect to this port with telnet, for example. Or use mysql command for checking connection to this remote MySQL server with this port and login credentials.

Hi,
In the past i have a similar problem on Plesk 8.6 on Windows.

My solution is not elegants but for me works

I have downloaded a mysql standalone version (without setup)
I have created manually the service on port 3307 with a different instance name; eg mysql3307

Is not difficult to made, you can try , and have no effect to plesk installation.

Be careful with the data location, bin command, and my.cnf settings. (remember is another instance)

For me work in the last 5 year.

Hope this help

Bye

F.

Back