• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Problem with cPanel to Plesk Migration

pankajbiswas

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am new to Plesk, running using Plesk 18.0.27 Webhost Edition on a CentOS 7 VPS. I am trying to migrate around 45 accounts from a cPanel server via root access but getting this error.

failed to perform action: Fetch shallow data from source cPanel cause: Error creating migration shallow dump: Command execution failed on the source server 'cpanel' site:talk.plesk.com

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 8.02.55 PM.png

Can anyone please help me with this?

The JSON module for Perl, which is required by cPanel agent, is missing on the source server.
  1. Install the JSON module for Perl:
    # yum install cpan
  2. Configure it:
    # cpan JSON
  3. Restart the migration.
  4. If the migration fails with the same error, check the solution.

Hi IgorG, thanks for your help. The JSON module was already installed, but it was outdated. Updating didn't help but I found this log file following the link you provided. Can you please check and help me understand this?

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 10.29.00 AM.png

Thanks

Something wrong with /etc/quota.conf file. Have you checked it? Why it is not a simple text file?

I have no idea about that. The migrator worked perfectly fine when I was running using CentOS 8. Recently I reinstalled CentOS 7 since I needed PHP 5.6 for one site and then this happened.

I just checked the quota.conf file in the cPanel server and found this:

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 10.37.26 AM.png

What should I do!?

I ran in similar issue, plesk fail to migrate, because /etc/quota.conf not existes, I Just create a file and plesk migrator works again.

So If file not exists just create it.

Thanks for your reply Ohya. I have tried creating a quota.conf file but that didn't work for me.

Anyways, I ended up renewing the cPanel license since the migration didn't work and it's really a pain to migrate those 45 accounts manually. I guess I will try Plesk another time.

Thanks

Back