• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with mail server SSL certificate

Fuchur84

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,

I have a problem to set a SSL certificate to secure the IMAP connection over port 993.
I am really not sure what is causing this, but it is really a strange one.

There is a SSL certificate issued by Let's Encrypt for the domain itself for https connections using 443 which works just fine. But when I try to connect using :993 it does give me a default-plesk certificate instead.

I did go to "Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates" and first changed the "Certificate for securing mail" to the same one. (this did not work and seem to be normal: Incorrect certificate used for mail client)

After that I have tried using the "+ Let's Encrypt" button to secure it with an own certificate afterwards. But this did not work neighter. I get the Plesk certificate still.

Then I tried to reissue it using another subdomain (like mail.domainname.com) but this did not work neighter.

Some additional information:
- the server (vServer) is running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
- I am running Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #45.
- I used a plesk backup (Plesk 11.5 with all data on another ftp server) to set it up (with the exception of the IMAP mail filed having the wrong (new) creation date set to them, it went pretty well.

Does anybody have an idea what is going on there and how to get rid of that problem?

Best regards
*Fuchur*

Back