• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with migration

H

Helter

I apologize ahead of time for posting this twice, but this seems to now be a troubleshooting issue...

I attempted a server migration over the weekend, without success. Things started out fine, but just *stalled* about 25% of the way through, and made no progress for over 24 hours.

The destination server reported that the migration was still going. The source server had a perl process using huge cpu resources, but the files in the migration folder had not changed for 24 hours.

I noticed that the migration folder stopped growing at exactly 4.0 GB, which struck me as odd.

Finally I killed the migration at the source server. Everything seemed to stop fine, but the perl process was still running wild. I searched online and found htat the PLeskX.pl process can be killed safely, so I did. It was replaced with a tar process. Killed the tar process, it was replaced with another perl/PleskX process.

I"m assuming that the problem with my migration was the size of the transfer. I have some domains that are 10+ GB, can the migration manager handle that? Is there a better way to do this migration? It's 26 clients, 81 domains, and about 40-50 GB. Oh, and I'm going from 7.5.4 to 8.6.

Back