• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem with mysql admin password

I

InternetPower

Plesk 10.3.1 - Centos 6.0 - x86_64

On one server I cannot logon to mysql from shell using the admin password, the same that works to logon from the web interface.
Instead to logon to mysql I have to use the password stored in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow AS IS, while the admin password (the same I can get using "/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password") is it's decrypted form.

So the problem is that when I change the admin password, Plesk sets it enncrypted in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow but then behaves like in the previous versions of Plesk where in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow it's the real password, and uses it to set the password in the grant tables of mysql.
From the web interface I have no problem logging on using the password I choosed.

Maybe there is a switch to tell Plesk to consider the password stored in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow the real password OR the encrypted form (for example for compatibility reasons during Plesk upgrades), but where?

How can I fix it?
Thanks.

To encrypt the password manually, use this command-line call:
# /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -u -passwd <password> -encrypted-password

To decrypt the password, run:
# /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -u -passwd <password> -plain-password

Back