• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved problem with swap after changing size

bixmatech

New Pleskian
Dear,
I changed the swap size from 1gb to 4gb.
In Plesk server info it shows 4gb, but in advanced monitoring, it still shows 1gb, why?

As far as I remember from a similar case, you need to click the "detect hardware changes" button (or named similar) so that the health monitoring reads the changed system parameters.

In Obsidian, after hardware changes they are not automatically reflected in Advanced Monitoring. According to the manual, they need to be updated in Grafana manually. I am currently logged in to it, but I cannot find an option where to update that in Grafana :( . There is no hardware data in /etc/grafana either. :( And in grafana-cli there is also no option to tell it to read the hardware setup again. Maybe "service grafana-server restart" will do the trick?

So this is something that the Plesk team needs to document. I have asked in
Hardware changes are not reflected/updated in the Plesk Health Monitor
for it. Maybe we'll get an answer there.

I tried restarting the VPS too without success, however, I did a trick, i updated the license key, and suddenly, the swap size get updated, in case of someone need the solution, thanks anyway

According to the discussion in
Hardware changes are not reflected/updated in the Plesk Health Monitor
there ought to be a button "Restart Integration" on the Grafana extension page. This will update the hardware settings.
However, in my fresh, clean Plesk Obsidian default installation that link is missing. I don't have a support contract for that test server, so I won't open a ticket on that with Plesk support. But maybe someone else could.

there ought to be a button "Restart Integration" on the Grafana extension page. This will update the hardware settings.
However, in my fresh, clean Plesk Obsidian default installation that link is missing

Hi Peter,
That button only shows when hardware changes are detected. A week ago we went through the same motions as the original posters question on one server. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Hi,

Just a quick update here too: Advanced Monitoring v1.3.1 with detecting hardware changes is now available! :)

Back