1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

problem with the mailserver

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Brummbaer76, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Brummbaer76

Brummbaer76 Guest

Hi, after the Pleskpatch we have some more problems. :-(

Some "old" problems the patch has fixed, but we have some more new problems.

The Mail Server send a lot of emails to my email-account. I get an email (one), but i receive the email 20 times and more...

2. tdscom

tdscom Guest

Hi,

I have not noticed such behaviour. Are you sure you don't have some sort of loop configured (eg. auto-responders replying in a loop, etc.) ?

R.

3. Brummbaer76

Brummbaer76 Guest

Hi, thank you for replay.

I am sure, that we have no loop configured.

4. siren@

siren@ Guest

Do you have an Anti-Virus software installed? It could possibly be your anti-virus software catching the mail and deleting contents, but not the entire mail. I've noticed this before with other Mail Server software.

5. Brummbaer76

Brummbaer76 Guest

Hy,

yes, f-secure antivirus software for server is installed, but the software don´t scan emails.
    Next weekend i stop the software and try again email.

thank you

6. siren@

siren@ Guest

It may not scan emails, but it does scan files and from what I have gathered, I haven't had a chance to research and fully verify, MailEnable stores each email as a file. This would give the Antivirus software access to the emails to scan and "repair".