• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with the SMTP service after micro update (Plesk 10.4.4)

R

ruggero

Hey there,

there goes something wrong with our last micro update of Plesk 10.4.4. qmail isn't installed correctly anymore. If it try to switch to postfix I also get an error message. So either postfix and qmail didn't work anymore.

Here are the error information I get from the system:

STOP plesk-mail-qc-driver-10.13.4-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Wed May 9 11:21:08 CEST 2012
START psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Mi 9. Mai 11:21:09 CEST 2012
Trying to register service xinetd... done
Trying to stop service qmail...
ERROR while trying to Unable to handle qmail
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.4.4_installation.log), fix and try again

Unable to handle qmail

**** Package psa-qmail scriptlet failed.

***** installing problem report *****
ERROR while trying to Unable to handle qmail
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.4.4_installation.log), fix and try again
Unable to handle qmail
STOP psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Wed May 9 11:21:10 CEST 2012
START plesk-mail-qc-driver-10.13.4-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Mi 9. Mai 11:23:52 CEST 2012

Trying to set... done
Configuring Qmail-CourierIMAP Plesk Mail Driver...
Trying to register service xinetd... done
Trying to comment out comsat service record from /etc/xinetd.conf... there is no comsat service record in /etc/xinetd.conf
Trying to register service qmail... done

I try to uninstall and reinstall qmail. But both time I get an error too.

Is there any way to force uninstall or reinstall qmail? Is there anything else I can do to fix this.

I'm really looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Ruediger

Alternatively you may run the following command to switch MTA to Postfix:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix

and for switching to Qmail:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component qmail

Back