1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with the SMTP service after micro update (Plesk 10.4.4)

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by ruggero, May 9, 2012.

1. ruggero

ruggero Guest

Hey there,

there goes something wrong with our last micro update of Plesk 10.4.4. qmail isn't installed correctly anymore. If it try to switch to postfix I also get an error message. So either postfix and qmail didn't work anymore.

Here are the error information I get from the system:

STOP plesk-mail-qc-driver-10.13.4-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Wed May 9 11:21:08 CEST 2012
    START psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Mi 9. Mai 11:21:09 CEST 2012
    Trying to register service xinetd... done
    Trying to stop service qmail...
    ERROR while trying to Unable to handle qmail
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.4.4_installation.log), fix and try again

Unable to handle qmail

**** Package psa-qmail scriptlet failed.

***** installing problem report *****
    ERROR while trying to Unable to handle qmail
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.4.4_installation.log), fix and try again
    Unable to handle qmail
    STOP psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Wed May 9 11:21:10 CEST 2012
    START plesk-mail-qc-driver-10.13.4-cos5.build1013120126.11 installing AT Mi 9. Mai 11:23:52 CEST 2012

Trying to set... done
    Configuring Qmail-CourierIMAP Plesk Mail Driver...
    Trying to register service xinetd... done
    Trying to comment out comsat service record from /etc/xinetd.conf... there is no comsat service record in /etc/xinetd.conf
    Trying to register service qmail... done

I try to uninstall and reinstall qmail. But both time I get an error too.

Is there any way to force uninstall or reinstall qmail? Is there anything else I can do to fix this.

I'm really looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Ruediger

2. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Alternatively you may run the following command to switch MTA to Postfix:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix

and for switching to Qmail:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component qmail