• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems connecting to ftp storage for backups

Cordal

Basic Pleskian
I have noticed that when trying to configure the ftp storage to perform the backups, I get the following error:

Error: Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: LIST -a Last FTP response: 200 TYPE is now ASCII
Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings. You can check them independently with the command:
curl -v -P - -u xxxxxxxxxxxxx 'ftp://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx///'

I made the connection from the console with the ftp storage, as indicated by the error and connects without problems.

The server runs under debian 8 and Plesk Onyx 17.8.11.
This connection has been working correctly until now, I do not associate it to appear as a consequence of some action.

Thanks.

Since I can see the list of files containing the ftp storage.

I have spoken with the datacenter administrators, and they tell me that the problem is that the storage allows a maximum of 3 concurrent connections, which I have to configure plesk, so that Do not exceed this number of connections.

How do I make this configuration in plesk?

I doubt that this can be an issue. For one many storage providers limit their connections, so most likely this is something that is already adressed in the software, second, you are already connected when the directory listing fails. The problem is not the connection, but the directory listing. If a connection limit was reached, the connection itself cannot be established.

It is not possible to apply a limit for the backup system in Plesk, but it is not necessary either.

P.S.: Directory listing issues most of the time are related to firewall settings. The connection is done on port 21/22, but data transfer ports are the high port ranges like 48000 through 64000. I recommend to check whether these port ranges can pass your firewall.

Back