• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk FTP(S) Backup not working on Obsidian 18.0.53

Nextgen-Networks

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Plesk FTP(S) Backup not working on Obsidian 18.0.53

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Seems a similar Bug as Plesk bug with the ID #PPPM-8749 has be reintroduced in current latest release Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53.

Sad fact: In this "issue" of the bug the workaround mentioned in the article by editing the panel.ini does not work anymore :-/

Please fix - by now no backup is possible on any instances updated to Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53 (other servers that are still on 18.0.53 Update 3 don't face that problem).

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

try to connect to external ftp(s) backup target

ACTUAL RESULT

Fehler: Zugriff auf Speicher nicht möglich: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: Last FTP response: Vergewissern Sie sich, dass Sie die korrekten Speichereinstellungen eingegeben haben. Sie können dies unabhängig mit dem folgenden Befehl überprüfen: curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u FTPusername 'ftp://NAS-TAGET.DOMAIN.TLD.DOMAIN.TLD/SOMEpathHERE/'

Translated by deepl:
Error: Unable to access storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: Last FTP response: Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings. You can check this independently with the following command: curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u FTPusername 'ftp://NAS-TAGET.DOMAIN.TLD/SOMEpathHERE/'.

EXPECTED RESULT

Backups should work for the same target as they do from other servers that are still on 18.0.53 Update 3.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

FTP backup works fine on 18.0.53. To be sure, I set it up on a test server running Ubuntu 20.04 and it works fine there too. The developers will come back with the same result, so let's get ahead and try to figure out what's going on in your server.

Reproduce the problem and share these logs (replace XX with the last available session)
/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-XX/backup.log /var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-XX/pmmcli.log /var/log/plesk/PMM/pmmcli.log

Ohh hell - I think I have to say sorry to have your bothered with this :-/

IP-Blacklisting on Plesk server side lead to this situation.
Plesk servers that have been updated to 18.0.53 had blacklisted the NAS system that is also backup target for them.
... therefore where not able to save backups to the NAS system.

I'll have an eye on blacklisting next days to check if this situation is repeating.
PPS-14516 investigation could be put on hold and marked as closed if no further feedback is posted here within next 3 days.

Thanks and again sorry for the dust ...

Back