1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems uploading emails to mailbox through IMAP (with Postfix)

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by MacKlaus, Aug 13, 2012.

1. MacKlaus

MacKlaus New Pleskian

35%
    (Solved) Problems uploading emails to mailbox through IMAP (with Postfix)

Hello everybody

I have a installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS + Plesk 11.0 and want to move all my emails from gmail to my own email account.

Created in the backend my mailbox with infinite space, then tried different ways to upload/synchronize my gmail-mails with my created mailbox (MailStore Home, Windows Live Mail, IMAPsize) but with all ways I always get a error message.

For example Windows Live Mail says that the server "refused to accept it". When I move only one or two messages it is possible. But when I select my whole Inbox and want to upload/synchronize them with my mailbox my V-Server with Plesk interrupts the connection?

As error in the mail.err I see:
    h1911096 imapd: 1344699907.250249 DISCONNECTED, user=xxxx@xxxxxx.xx, ip=[::ffff:178.201.167.244], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=335, sent=794, maildir=/var/qmail/mailnames/domain/prefix/Maildir

Do I have to change some Postfix configurations or what might be the problem?

Thanks for any help :)

MacKlaus

P.S. Problem solved. Looks like it was a problem in ipv6tables solved by the hoster.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
  3. MacKlaus

MacKlaus New Pleskian

35%
    Thanks a lot. This will help synchronizing the mailboxes faster. :)

4. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Sure, your most welcome