• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with 10.3.1 getting updates/upgrade

T

Thufir

I'd updated a server to version 10.3.1 on Redhat ES5, and now I've found a few problems I'm hoping someone can help with.

- When attempting to get updates through the web interface, I get a 'page can not be found' error after a couple of minutes. I checked the autoinstaller3.log file, which shows an error "Error: Can't start build-in web-server". It looks like autoinstaller starts, but for some reason can't keep going. This could be a port conflict I suppose, but what port does the autoinstaller use for updates? I have very few open with running programs on the server.

Once I couldn't use the web interface, I tried using the command prompt version. This has multiple issues.

- Originally it shows a message WARNING: Mcrypt library is not supported in PHP 5.3 for CentOS 5 and Red Hat 5. Check the article http://kb.parallels.com/en/112098 for more details.

That article refers to php-mcrypt; which I do not have installed. The only mcrypt I've got is libmcrypt. If I try to remove that, the system tries to uninstall ALL of Plesk as dependant upon it for some reason.

- I continued past that message (thinking I could remove mcrypt later) and that's where it broke Plesk.

I'm getting a message in the logs: You have 10.3.1 version installed, but upgrader is incompatible with this version.

Now the psa-core is not upgraded, but other things are. So Plesk does not work at all.

I'm upgrading from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4. ONE version upgrade, according to the autoinstaller. The only thing I've seen on the forums or knowledgebase say that problem was fixed in version 9. Why would it say it's can't upgrade because it's not compatible?

How do I get this upgraded?

UPDATE: I was a moment ago able to get the upgrade of plesk-core to work right, by playing with the file /usr/local/psa/version a little.

I tried changing it to 10.13.1 (just added a 1 in front of the 3...no specific reason, other than for testing) but it showed the following:
Previous product version is 10.13.1, but previous database version is 010120. In most of cases it is result of previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

So I changed the version file to show version 10.12.0 (to match the database version) and tried running rpm -U on the package manually to see what happened. The database upgrade worked, and the package was installed.

Once that was done, autoinstaller could upgrade the rest.

However I still can not see updates through the web interface. I get this message in autoinstaller3.log:

Error: Can't start build-in web-server
Not all packages were installed.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Any ideas?

Back