1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with @adminemail@

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Simber, May 11, 2011.

1. Simber

Simber Guest

OS Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite274;product3
    Panel version 10.2.0

I have an issue where any forms created on websites sent via mail without an address defined are sent with a from address of @adminemail@.

Also the plesk panel default page is just showing this variable on the link.

I have checked the admin email address is entered & correct in the profile settings & any notifications sent from plesk are allow through the mail server & have the from correct address, I have checked the mail server to make sure that it is not the server creating this by sending reports internally from this.

The mail server is smartermail 7.6.

The websites & forms are being moved from a plesk 10.1 server & they work fine on that.

I think that’s all the information at present but any help would be great fully received

Cheers

2. PavelV

PavelV Plesk for Windows Staff Member

Due to some strange problem placeholder located in %plesk_dir%\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini was not replaced. You can either replace it manually or try to launch:
    "%plesk_dir%\ch_admin_email.exe" install yourserveradmin@email.com

This call should also replace placeholder on default server page.

3. Simber

Simber Guest

Pavel almost correct but pointed me in the right direction cheers.....

I tried the ch_admin_email.exe but this had no effect this was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin

I also tried to modify the php.ini in the pleskphp5 directory & restarted the server No Joy

I changed the varible in the php.in in the normal php directory

; For Win32 only.
    ;sendmail_from = me@example.com
    sendmail_from = @adminemail@ *to adminstrators email address*

Restarted the server & now all appears ok.

Cheers for you help

4. PavelV

PavelV Plesk for Windows Staff Member

Do you have another instance of PHP installed on server?

5. 3kindsofyes

3kindsofyes Guest

This syntax is wrong. It's

"%plesk_bin%\ch_admin_email.exe" install yourserveradmin@email.com

And this doesn't change the "sendmail_from" directive in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini. Please explain how to affect the "sendmail_from" directive in plesk's default php.ini. Thank you.