• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with cronjob

henkbart

New Pleskian
Hello,

Since the upgrade to version 8.3 i got an error on a cronjob :

Cron /opt/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/bin/parse_avstat.pl -d -sd=/opt/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/proc_avstat /var/log/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/avstats.log

This generates the following error :

Logfile '/var/log/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/avstats.log' does not exist

Doen anyone has this problem and who knows what to do about this problem??

Henk

Hi,

If file "/var/log/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/avstats.log" does not exist on server create it. After that you should stop getting this error from cron task.

That solution works for 1 day. After running he renames or deletes that file so the next day i got the same error. Thanks for your suggestion, but that doesn't work quit good.

Looking for a more permanent solution.

Well I have modified the cronjob to be like this :

touch /var/log/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/avstats.log ; /opt/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/bin/parse_avstat.pl -d -sd=/opt/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/proc_avstat /var/log/kav/5.5/kav4mailservers/avstats.log

tested few times. works fine.

Hey, can you tell me where (which file) the cron task is to find?
I don't see any related cron tasks in the dedicated files but I get the same error.
need to know where to look
thanks

Hello steakknife,

The cron generally is set to run under user kluser . You either can edit the cronjob from plesk directly by going under Server -> Scheduled tasks and choose user kluser or you can edit it in ssh directly
crontab -e -u kluser

Back