• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

problems with domain backup

No, it seems size of backup doesn't matter...

The size of the backup file was 122 MB. With a new test domain with just 160 KB it was the same...

very same thing here:

Error in UploadToRepositoryState.doActivityRunner()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 97, in doActivityRunner
newState = self.doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 411, in doActivity
remotefh = remoteBackupFile.fh('wb')
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/backup.py", line 337, in fh
return self.ftp.file(self.filename, mode)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/ftputil/ftputil.py", line 229, in file
basedir = self.getcwd()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/ftputil/ftputil.py", line 492, in getcwd
return ftp_error._try_with_oserror(self._session.pwd)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/ftputil/ftp_error.py", line 88, in _try_with_oserror
raise FTPOSError(ftp_error)
FTPOSError:
Debugging info: ftputil 2.1, Python 2.4.1 (linux2)

The odd thing about this: it failes every time after the FIRST part of the backup has been transferred. If my Backup-Files are 2048MB it failes after the first, if they are 700MB it transfers 5 of them.

i need a fix -FAST!

Guys, please watch for error messages in log files - they should explain something.

For backup process log files are placed in /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/<date>/*.log

If there is no useful information - try to run the backup script manually (you may see the exact command line to run in agent-runner.log on "Executing <subprocess" string)

For restore process log files are located in /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/restore<id>/*.log

Log files are preserved until you click "finish" button in GUI.

Hi,

I got this message from SwSoft:

Hello,

Such error occur in case the ftp username and/or the password are incorrect for remote upload. Make sure that it's correct and try to connect to backup_server from your server manually.

By the way, check permissions on backup tmp dir, just in case:
# ll -d /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Дек 7 21:35 /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/

But this not solved the problem :(

didnt help for me either, permissions are perfectly fine as well as the ftp username and password.. for how stupid does plesk support think we are? ;)

and if permissions are incorrect - why does the backup function upload about 2-3GB and THEN abort? and no: the backupserver has plenty of space left ;)

You're looking for free effective solutions? Hah! No one will help you in this situation on this forum. I've paid for a support service and now my servers are working perfectly.

:cool:

Originally posted by DReffects
and if permissions are incorrect - why does the backup function upload about 2-3GB and THEN abort? and no: the backupserver has plenty of space left ;)

Wait for official hotfix. This is because of the too old OS.

I seem to have found the problem. The FTP-port of the backup-server is not the 'standard' port 21, but some other portnumber.

In the past I could easily alter this by filling in the right portnumber at the FTP-serverhostname. Plesk doesn't seem to handle this correctly since a last update. The whole system works correctly when I switch my backup-server to act on port 21.

Does anyone know how to change the default portnumber for FTP-backup in Plesk, in general or for some dedicated users?

i dont know but since using the latest hotfix all my previous (Or at least some of them) have been returning that they are NOT backups, even new ones, i had to delete all previous backups to fix this problem!

has nothing to do with the portnumber... the utility in fact loads a few parts of the backup files onto the ftp and THEN fails... EVERYTIME!

Same problem here...

Seems we have to wait for the hotfix of the hotfix...:(

This is really not funny anymore...

Originally posted by Pancho37491
This is really not funny anymore... [/B]
couldnt agree more... instead they add 'buy pictures online' buttons to plesk. hey folks, there's a VITAL function not working!

Originally posted by DReffects
couldnt agree more... instead they add 'buy pictures online' buttons to plesk. hey folks, there's a VITAL function not working!

Here is the problem only the portnumber:

When i make a backup to a backupserver with port 21. (ftp hostname 111.111.111.111) everything is ok.

When i make a backup to a server with ftp port 12302 (ftp hostname 111.111.111.111:12302) then it is not working.

(before the update to 8.1 its working fine without problems.)

after upgrading and adding a domain to a clients account, I am now unable to create a successfully backup file to the remote FTP Server, it took nearly 5 mins to backup a 340MB file, upload etc. once finished plesk returns to the file list and reports that the last uploaded file is not a valid backup file!

this is every more frustrating!
this was one of the main things that was apparently ment to have been fixed... yet since updating to the latest hotfix has made it even worse!

I`m having the same problem

Here is the log.
14:41:38 DEBUG Selected domains: xxx.com
The following domains were not found on the host: xxx.com at PleskX.pm line 147, <STDIN> line 1.14:41:38

Ja!. WTF? My domain is not found?.

Originally posted by spirit28
I seem to have found the problem. The FTP-port of the backup-server is not the 'standard' port 21, but some other portnumber.

In the past I could easily alter this by filling in the right portnumber at the FTP-serverhostname. Plesk doesn't seem to handle this correctly since a last update. The whole system works correctly when I switch my backup-server to act on port 21.

Does anyone know how to change the default portnumber for FTP-backup in Plesk, in general or for some dedicated users?

Hi, I've the same Prob since the last Update and I'm using the standart port 21.
Code:
Following error is occured during scheduled backup process:

Error in UploadToRepositoryState.doActivityRunner()
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 97, in doActivityRunner
    newState = self.doActivity()
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 416, in doActivity
    shutil.copyfileobj(localfh, remotefh)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/shutil.py", line 25, in copyfileobj
    fdst.write(buf)
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/ftputil/ftp_file.py", line 196, in write
    self._fo.write(data)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/socket.py", line 256, in write
    self.flush()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/socket.py", line 243, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(buffer)
error: (32, 'Broken pipe')
The permissions are well, and diskspace too. about 50 Webs on the machine, about 50 angry customers on my phone...

Thanksjavascript:smilie(':(')
frown

to solve your backup problems that give the folowing error
just update all your perl and python packages with yum.

Error in BackupState.doActivityRunner()

File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 98, in doActivityRunner newState = self.doActivity() File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 391, in doActivity errtxt = runAgent(self, self.session) File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 258, in runAgent

cmd.spawn()

File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 238, in spawn

proc.run()

File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 193, in run

BaseSubprocess.run(self)

File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 177, in run

self.wait()

File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 197, in wait

BaseSubprocess.wait(self)

File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 187, in wait raise NonzeroExitException(self, os.WEXITSTATUS(status))

NonzeroExitException: was finished with exit code 2

Back