• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problems with email passwords

qualispace

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I am running Plesk 7.5 Reloaded on Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 3.0. All of a sudden, the passwords of all the email accounts of all the domains hosted on the server got changed. Nobody could login to their mailboxes with the existing passwords. The only solution was to reset the password for all the accounts. When I reset the passwords for some accounts on the server, I could login to the webmail, but the emails sent to those users bounced back saying "Could not connect: Got an unknown RCPT TO response: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)". This error disappears when I disable and enable the mail domain from Plesk control panel. But the users still not receive any emails and all the emails seem to be stuck up in the queue.

Does anybody have any idea as to what could be the reason for the same and what is the solution?

Awaiting an early reply.

Regards
Nitesh

First of all run mail recovery utility:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

This utility reads psa database and restore all qmail's control files

Back