• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with IMAP Login for domain aliases

Shane Mc Cormack

New Pleskian
We have an issue with one of our plesk nodes where imap users are no longer able to login using their domain aliases, only their mail domain.

Looking in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog I can see the following for any would-be successful logins (password given is correct):
Aug 23 09:21:13 plesk51 imapd: IMAP connect from @ [127.0.0.1]chdir "/var/qmail/mailnames/aliasdomain.com/test": No such file or directory
Aug 23 09:21:13 plesk51 imapd: IMAP connect from @ [127.0.0.1]chdir "/var/qmail/mailnames/aliasdomain.com/test": No such file or directory
Aug 23 09:21:27 plesk51 imapd: IMAP connect from @ [127.0.0.1]chdir "/var/qmail/mailnames/aliasdomain.com/test": No such file or directory
Aug 23 09:21:27 plesk51 imapd: IMAP connect from @ [127.0.0.1]chdir "/var/qmail/mailnames/aliasdomain.com/test": No such file or directory

If the login details given are incorrect, this is not added to the log.

After searching I discovered: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=97541 which suggested running:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
and
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

which has not fixed the problem.

As a work around I have done:
ln -s /var/qmail/mailnames/realdomain.com /var/qmail/mailnames/aliasdomain.com
Which has fixed the problem, but I'm sure this is not the correct way of solving this.

Any other suggestions you can offer?

Last edited:
Back