• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problems with PHP after updating Plesk

Thomas Krcal

New Pleskian
Hello.
I updated Plesk from any older version to Version 17.0.17 Update #63
My OS is Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS‬

After sucsessfuly updated Plesk I added PHP7.1.26 with Plesk updater.

Now, when I create a new Host or try to switch to PHP7 modifying any PHP Settings, the Page will not be executed it will be offered to download by the browser.
But in all existing Hosts PHP it still be executed normaly only until I change any php settings.

I still read a lot articles and try to fix with them with no sucsess:
PHP files are downloaded instead of executing
PHP pages are downloaded instead of being opened
Resolved - One domain downloads php files instead of executing them

I think it should be something with the PHP-Handler.
I only have the option FastCGI as PHP-Handler and FPM is missing as PHP-Handler option.

Any Ideas ?

Did you make sure that your script is not using short open tags OR that you have allowed short open tags in the configuration of PHP?

Hello.
I updated Plesk from any older version to Version 17.0.17 Update #63
I only have the option FastCGI as PHP-Handler and FPM is missing as PHP-Handler option.

I would like to focus on these two statements.

a) Was the update completed without any errors? You can find several logs in
/var/log/plesk/install, for example /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log and /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_installation.log
In any case, please make sure that Plesk realizes that components have changed by going to Tools & Settings > Server Management > Server Components > click the "Refresh" icon.

b) Is the PHP-FPM service activated? Tools & Settings > General Settings > PHP Settings. The Service must show a green dot. If it does not, can you activate it?

In the logfiles I could not find any error.
It seems, the update was done correct.

Is the PHP-FPM service activated?
Is not avaliale as the php hanlder in the php selection drop down for each domain,
but it os avtivated at Tools & Settings > General Settings > PHP Settings

Does the output of
# plesk bin php_handler --list
include the PHP-FPM handler that is missing from the GUI?

It's more or less pointing to
PHP-FPM is absent after failed microupdate
which you said you worked through.
- PHP-FPM is installed and running
- The handler is correctly set
- You did refresh the components
- You reinstalled the micro-updates
- You set the handler in the subscription manually as recommended by the article
yet it does not work? Not possible. --> You need to open a support ticket, so that they can investigate it on your machine.

Ah, then it is this article that applies:
The handler "FPM application served by Apache" is not available in the drop-down list in PHP Settings

Your Apache server is incompatible with PHP-FPM. It came with Ubuntu 12.x. You will probably need to upgrade the whole OS. However, an in-place upgrade with a running Plesk installation is not recommended (as far as I remember), it will likely break Plesk. It is probably better to create a full backup of Plesk including all websites and configurations, then reinstall the server with a more modern OS and restore the (Plesk) backup to it. Or install a newer system and migrate the settings and installation content to it.

Back