• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with smtp authentication: Plesk 12 CentOS 6.6

Joaquim_Ponte

New Pleskian
2 days ago, i've installed centOS 6.6 with plesk 12.0.18 on my server. By now, i'm running plek with a trial license.
I've created some domains and then some mailboxes. Unfortunately, when i tried to configure the mailboxes in outlook (POP3+SMTP), i got POP3 errors saying me that plain text password wasn't authorized (i didn't check encrypted connection because i haven't got a certificate).
After some research in forums, i've managed to get pop3 working. But I still have got problems sending emails if I select "my outgoing server (smtp) requires authentification": it returns me "none of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server"

If I don't select it, email is sent with no problem! But i suppose should require authentification to prevent mail abuse, right?

(BTW: When i telnet localhost 25, there's no 250 AUTH anywhere (after an EHLO)! Maybe the problem is related with this, no?)

can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Thank you!

Joaquim.

Last edited:
EDIT:
> If I don't select it, email is sent with no problem!
Correction: No it doesn't :(. It gaves me "Relay access denied" errors. (Only tests messages from outlook itself are sent)

Back