• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

proftpd Failed to retrieve directory listing

scool

Basic Pleskian
Greetings to everyone.
After updating to the plesk latest version 10.1.1 my customers are having problem connecting to ftp.

information :
Plesk panel 10.1.1 on Centos 5.5 x64
Linux version 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)) #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:52:25 EST 2011

Every hosting client try to connect with passive mode to ftp get the following error
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I advise them to use active transfer mode. Some of them got it to work. some of them no.
this happens only after updating to plesk 10.1.1

am i missing something i have to configure myself?
i also have installed a brand new certification to secure panel from geotrust. do you think that this causing errors?

i really appreciate your help.
thx in advance.

i also have installed a brand new certification to secure panel from geotrust. do you think that this causing errors?

On my other 2 webservers running the same configuration i dont have any problems.
same version, same os , but without ssl certificate.

The new ssl is affecting ftp connections?

Last edited:
Can you provide plz the above information ?

The conclusion is that no one can use passive mode, and some hosting clients not even active transfer mode.
Any tips?

Back