• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ProFTPd practically not existing while being installed

ChrisBen

New Pleskian
Hello,

we recently updated our server from 12.5 to onyx and now we are having a major proftpd problem.
Its a bit similar to this one:
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/proftpd-wont-start.340450
But not quite similar.

there is psa-proftpd installed, but no first there was no configuration file /etc/proftpd.conf. Adding it manually and filling it with a default config (actually i took the config from the 12.5 documentation but i thought there might be no big difference within the configuration between those two).
Restarting xinetd, still no ftp running. Log file says: unable to use '/var/run/proftpd/scoreboard'. Similar to "Pandy_Legend" (see link above) i added the folder manually and restarted. Error gone, no new error - it simply didnt start (or maybe i looked into the wrong log, since there is no "proftpd"-log per se).

So the current situation is, that there is no ftp running, the port 21 is closed and starting nor reinstalling do work.

the suggestion:
# plesk installer --select-release-current --remove-component=proftpd
# plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component=proftpd
didn't do, since i dont want to remove plesk (panel).

how can we proceed here?

Chris

---
PS.
And since we are already on it.
Once the ftp is up and running, we want that another server is talking over ftp with our server. Can we configure plesk so far, that it allows direct communication with /home/, ssh enabled and the creation of new users?
If not, we are going to implement our old way of doing it: handling everything over a different port manually through the config file

Back