• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

proftpd

K

knocx

hi,

are there any directives for proftpd to restrict some extentions? such as *.mp3 *.mpeg

i have already prohibited *.mp3 on apache but i couldnt find a solution for that

thanks

U can use locate .ext? But u proberly noticed that?

If that kind of files can't be uploaded what will stop them to change the extension, zip/rar it .. Allot of work arrounds?

locate needs a scheduled updatedb we have tens of gigs of client data and this is infeasible.

i see your concerns but some security is better than no security

whats your suggestion to detect illegal content then

I really think it is not ur oblication to protect against illiegal content, ofcourse > do not setup á public FTP ;) all is quite relative :) ...

Im sure u have some kind of agrement where customer takes responsebility for what he stores...

When some organisations contact u... ( I received some e-mails from 'brein' in the past) they proberly give u a variable time to delete it or to take any other actions?!

With the proftpd config's to make it not posible to upload particulair .ext I cannot help u with... Srry about that :)

Back