1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

proftpd

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by knocx, Aug 23, 2006.

1. knocx

knocx Guest

hi,

are there any directives for proftpd to restrict some extentions? such as *.mp3 *.mpeg

i have already prohibited *.mp3 on apache but i couldnt find a solution for that

thanks

2. AlbertS

AlbertS Guest

U can use locate .ext? But u proberly noticed that?

If that kind of files can't be uploaded what will stop them to change the extension, zip/rar it .. Allot of work arrounds?

3. knocx

knocx Guest

locate needs a scheduled updatedb we have tens of gigs of client data and this is infeasible.

i see your concerns but some security is better than no security

whats your suggestion to detect illegal content then

4. AlbertS

AlbertS Guest

I really think it is not ur oblication to protect against illiegal content, ofcourse > do not setup á public FTP ;) all is quite relative :) ...

Im sure u have some kind of agrement where customer takes responsebility for what he stores...

When some organisations contact u... ( I received some e-mails from 'brein' in the past) they proberly give u a variable time to delete it or to take any other actions?!

With the proftpd config's to make it not posible to upload particulair .ext I cannot help u with... Srry about that :)