• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Prohibit reseller from editing/creating service plans

AndreasY

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

would have thought this is a basic requirement but I have not found a way to implement this.

Could someone please advise how we can prohibit reseller from editing/creating service plans.

Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #53

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi IgorG,

I 'would have thought' because is that not how most things work in a hierarchical system I.e. different levels of administrative access for each hierarchical layer? As an admin would have thought that we would have control to stop a lower level admin from doing some things, in the case scenario, disallowing them to create/edit service plans that have been designated by a top level admin.

Usage scenario is pretty straight forward, we want to allow different tiers of resellers, but we dont want them to be able to create/edit their own service plans. Only what we allocate to them.

So please, how can we do this ?

The only post I have found somewhat related to what we are asking is the one below

Prevent access to Service Plans by resellers

Last edited:
The problem here is that resellers can not create subscriptions which are based on admin plans, so this scenario cannot be realized.

Hi, let me create a very simple case scenario.

A Plesk system admin creates.......

Service Plans --> Reseller Plans --> Create 'Test Reseller' with only 100MB disk space, 'Overuse is not allowed' and 'Overselling is not allowed' and designate an IP (all other values are default)

Resellers --> Add Reseller --> Service plan, allocate 'Test Reseller'

'Test Reseller' logs in and the first thing they do is go to 'Service Plans' and they create their own service plan........

Service Plans --> Add a Plan --> Create 'Reseller Test Service Plan' with 'Overuse is allowed (not recommended)' while all other values are at default

No issues creating the service plan 'Reseller Test Service Plan' and nothing is flagged

However the above case scenario has already 'circumvented' the reseller plan, 'Test Reseller'!

'Test Reseller' has only 100MB of disk space allocated to them and 'Overuse is not allowed', but the 'Test Reseller' has been able to create a service plan 'Reseller Test Service Plan' with 10GB of disk space and set 'Overuse is allowed (not recommended)' !!

Continuing, the 'Test Reseller' adds their first subscription ..........

Adding Your Own Subscription --> Service plan allocate 'Reseller Test Service Plan' --> OK

Now for the first time we are flagged with a 'Synchronization Failed' message,

'Warning: Subscription is not synced with service plan.'

The flag is that only 100MB are available but 10GB has been selected

We press 'OK' to continue, which then loads the newly created subscription.

At this moment in time the subscription is active, even though it circumvents several restrictions (disk space and overuse usage) with a message flagged

'Information: Properties of the subscription somedomain.com were set to correspond with the actual system state, they are still unsynced with the plan Reseller Test Service Plan.'

So what are we left with ?

We are left with an unsynced plan and a subscription that has circumvented the restrictions that were meant to have been in place via the creation of the service plan 'Test Reseller' !!

This is a support nightmare!

We want to stop this scenario from ever happening, what is the solution ?????

Hence the reason I started this thread titled 'Prohibit reseller from editing/creating service plans'

Last edited:
Hi, let me create a very simple case scenario.

A Plesk system admin creates.......

Service Plans --> Reseller Plans --> Create 'Test Reseller' with only 100MB disk space, 'Overuse is not allowed' and 'Overselling is not allowed' and designate an IP (all other values are default)

Resellers --> Add Reseller --> Service plan, allocate 'Test Reseller'

'Test Reseller' logs in and the first thing they do is go to 'Service Plans' and they create their own service plan........

Service Plans --> Add a Plan --> Create 'Reseller Test Service Plan' with 'Overuse is allowed (not recommended)' while all other values are at default

No issues creating the service plan 'Reseller Test Service Plan' and nothing is flagged

However the above case scenario has already 'circumvented' the reseller plan, 'Test Reseller'!

'Test Reseller' has only 100MB of disk space allocated to them and 'Overuse is not allowed', but the 'Test Reseller' has been able to create a service plan 'Reseller Test Service Plan' with 10GB of disk space and set 'Overuse is allowed (not recommended)' !!

Continuing, the 'Test Reseller' adds their first subscription ..........

Adding Your Own Subscription --> Service plan allocate 'Reseller Test Service Plan' --> OK

Now for the first time we are flagged with a 'Synchronization Failed' message,

'Warning: Subscription is not synced with service plan.'

The flag is that only 100MB are available but 10GB has been selected

We press 'OK' to continue, which then loads the newly created subscription.

At this moment in time the subscription is active, even though it circumvents several restrictions (disk space and overuse usage) with a message flagged

'Information: Properties of the subscription somedomain.com were set to correspond with the actual system state, they are still unsynced with the plan Reseller Test Service Plan.'

So what are we left with ?

We are left with an unsynced plan and a subscription that has circumvented the restrictions that were meant to have been in place via the creation of the service plan 'Test Reseller' !!

This is a support nightmare!

We want to stop this scenario from ever happening, what is the solution ?????

Hence the reason I started this thread titled 'Prohibit reseller from editing/creating service plans'
Hi, can you solve this? (sorry for me english). I have the same problem. I do not want a reseller to be able to create or edit service plans. Thanks!!

Back