• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Protected Directories

R

RaGueRoe

Hello
There is this feature in the Panel to protect directories and give access only to selected people (Username Password)
Ok, to do it by hand if you have only 2 or 3 users is fine.
But what if you want to give automatic access to ... lets say hundreds or thousands... via Html Form and cgi-script for instance...
Are there scripts on the market that can handle this in connection with or without Plesk? Or is there even a built-in feature to manage it?
Thanks
Ralph

This cannot be done from plesk, you have to do coding for it and design pages on website.

I will let you know if I find any free script for this.

Thanks,

Webadmin to Bandurao
Please do not post alternative forums as a solution to a question on the SWsoft website...

Thanks, I will take a look into that.

I am working on a html form which sends the user data input to a cgi script. This sends a mail to notify me and a mail to the user with a link. When the user clicks on that link (as verification of the mail address, therefore the more complicated way) another cgi script is called which then sends the same information to plesk as if I would do the input by hand.
Only missing thing so far... I have not figured out how to send the directory name - because that information comes usually through the preceeding page which is called in the panel before I can type in name and password.

Thanks
Ralph

Back