• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa-appvault-gtchat

R

rihad

Hey guys. A domain in 9.x uses this chat software, which is no longer in 11.x, or is it? So I can safely migrate the domain.
Here's the error migration manager gave:
Error:

Failed deployment of domain example.net

Error:

The gtchat-0.93-30 package was not found neither on the source server nor in APS catalog, so Panel will not consider this app as installed. However, all the app-related content should be restored correctly.

That error does not stop you chat software from functioning. It will only not be listed under applications as an installed application ...

That error does not stop you chat software from functioning. It will only not be listed under applications as an installed application ...

Both the domain and its subscription are shown as suspended after the migration. We have over 60 domains. So I'll need to reenable each of them? This domain uses chat, another would use something else... Difficult :)

Plesk 11 has bulk activation, so you would just have to select ALL subscriptions and click Activate.

Thanks, it turns out the domain was suspended because it was indeed suspended on the original server.

Thanks, we've just finished the migration. Everything seems to work fine.

Congs Rihad,

However, don't 100% rely on the migration results, you need to audit each record to ensure that actually all data (databases, websites and mail boxes) was moved.

In all my full server migrations, I always get about 20% missing data, especially missing content in /httpdocs/ folders.

I've had some of the same experience, migration manager always seems to miss something on a few domains, if you have time check them all but I would let your customers know that they should validate everything works too as they have a better idea of what was working before the migration too :)

Wow, I hope they've fixed all outstanding migration issues in 11.x
You'd have to try really hard to miss any files in httpdocs...
From what I've seen Plesk does tar/gzip and rsync it over.

well its not so much that they miss files, but some times some mail settings are missed, or server settings are slightly different between the target and source servers, dbs are brought over but not added into the panel so the customer cant see them in the webadmin, the panel doesn't say that the customer has an app from the app vault installed because they are different versions on the source and target - that sort of thing. But you should always have the customer notified that its coming and once its done so they can check it out too. Its easier to fix when you still have access to the old server :)

Back