• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA backup tool issue - changed mysql password for user

R

root

Hello,

I enabled the control panel single domain backup utility yesterday for our website.

The time to start was 0100.

I received a phone call from one of the staff members at 0120 (whom had no idea of the backups) asking if there was a problem with our website as it was showing the default plesk page.

I had thought there must have been a problem with plesk so i restarted psa via command prompt /usr/local/psa/rc.d/psa restart

Nonetheless the site came back up but the database was not connecting.

After a great deal of piss farting around (localhost wasn't resolving, played with bind forever etc etc) the last thing I could think of now at 0230 was to connect to the DB via command prompt as that user.

Low and behold, the password was wrong.

So all I can figure is that some time during the backup process the password was changed and/or something broke whilst restarting PSA during a backup.

After resetting the PW via the CP it all started to work again.

My question is, does the site backup utility temporarily change a DB password? or am I missing something here.

Using PHPmyadmin via the CP worked fine, so PSA knew the password the phone time, but im completely stumped as to why it changed.

PSA 7.5.4 on FreeBSD 5.4

Back