• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa-courier-imap Push Mail (enhanced IDLE) Iphone 3G

martijnbakker

Basic Pleskian
Well, me and a couple of customers have bought an iPhone 3G, and because it's supporting push mail via the "enhanched IDLE" command from courier-imap i would like to use this.

But because the courier package comes with plesk, and you can't remove it because it relys on its dependencies, so anyone with a solution to use fam or gamin with the psa-courier-imap package? And yes i already enabled it in the config etc.

I'll second that request. My install of of Plesk (mediatemple dv account) already has the gamin libraries installed (as per the imapd(8) man page one can use either fam or gamin and the latter being the more up top date package). However, the custom imapd package provided by Plesk (courier-imap.i586 3.0.8-cos5.build83071218.19) does not seem to be built to include the gamin/fam libraries (use "ldd /usr/bin/imapd " to see this). Since it is a custom build and testing a yum remove command for courier-imap show 82 dependancies, all of them plesk related, I would imagine building courier-imap from source to add fam/gamin would probably break a LOT of things and I'm not that adventurous.

So, to my mind, the only solution seems to be to implore Parallels to add gamin/fam library support to their custom rpm build.

Yes youre right about that, but i don't think the put priority on this.

But at the moment i'm setting up a test enviroment with plesk etc, to try if i can remove only the psa-courier-imap package, and put a custom build in place with support for gamin or fam.

When ive got some results i post them in here. Im not quite sure what the dependence of all the packages is between them, i expect they are dependent because its easy with installing plesk or so.

Meaby someone can me tell me something more about this dependency.

Hi,

I am trying to configure my Plesk install to use Idle Imap but am struggling with all the dependencies.

Did anyone here have any luck in making either Gamin or Fam work with the custom Plesk courier-imapd rpm???

Thanks
Lee

Any updates on that?

I'd like to know what did you do to accomplish this in the end please?

Trying to do the same thing.

Back