• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA Missing / Apache Missing

KrazyBob

Regular Pleskian
Just as I am about to migrate to Plesk 17.5 on Virtuozzo 7 this server goes down. rpm -q psa says is doesn't exist. Same with apache. Looking in /etc/init.d there isn't a psa. Looking in /usr/local/psa/bin there's no psa. I have a Virtuozzo backup but when I try to restore it it tells me connection lost. I realize that this isn't Virtuozzo support but perhaps you can tell me how to repair Plesk 8.6. I have the files on other servers if not this server. But I have no clue how to proceed. Since Virtuozzo loads the container it isn't a Virtuozzo problem. vzrestore on the other hand may be. /var/www/vhosts/... exists as do /var/lib/mysql. All hope isn't lost but where to begin? How can I manually get clients off and onto Plesk 17.5 or even install a new version of Plesk 8.6 and move the files over? Then over to 17.5.

I realize that this is laughable that someone would have such an old server. I warned the customer but he had "must have" custom software that he didn't want to rewrite.

psa and Apache at a minimum are missing. /vhosts still exists. /mysql still exists/ Mail still exists. This is a virtuozzo server and Plesk was installed with ez-templates. I would really appreciate some help. I know you've been around and remember this.

I have aa choice of manually moving each site to Onyx 17.5 along with recreating the mysql tables and rsyncing the mail over.

But there has to be a way to reinstall apache and psa. I just don't remember how. The backup is corrupt. /bin/vztar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

PLEASE give me swift kick in the butt in the right direction. Some wanker hacked in past the hardware firewall and killed me enough that I can't start psa or apache.

If you won't tell me how quote me price to do it on the side. I can't migrate this to Onyx like this.

[root@server103]# tail -f /var/log/messages
Jan 25 18:57:24 server103 init: cannot execute "/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/init/monit"
Jan 25 18:57:24 server103 init: cannot execute "/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/init/wdcollect"
Jan 25 18:57:24 server103 init: cannot execute "/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/init/monit"
Jan 25 18:57:24 server103 init: cannot execute "/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/init/wdcollect"
Jan 25 18:57:24 server103 init: Id "wdc" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
Jan 25 18:57:24 server103 init: Id "mon" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
Jan 25 18:58:23 server103 xinetd[14325]: START: smtp pid=23757 from=185.70.185.244
Jan 25 18:58:26 server103 xinetd[14325]: EXIT: smtp status=0 pid=23757 duration=3(sec)

You could try running Plesk Onyx installer script and it might have found the remnants of the previous Plesk installation and tried to upgrade them, but the problem is that an upgrade from such an ancient Plesk version is not supported in Plesk Onyx.
You can try to upgrade first to Plesk 10 versions, and then to 11.5 and, finally, to Onyx, but you must understand that there is very little hope of success, and this will require enormous handwork. You can find these versions and installers here - Index of /
Note, that Ony[ works only on modern OS versions - Software Requirements for Plesk Are you sure that your VPS has any of these OSes?

Thank you for the reply Igor. I'm told that Plesk 8.6 and above are supported. I have all new servers with Virtuozzo 7 and Onyx 17.5 and this guy is moving. Period! I'm tired of cleaning up. There are 107 sites on this ancient POS. Virtuozzo 3. Without PSA would the migration agent work? Without apache? If I could just reinstall them. As I recall they are in /vz/template/ and I see your link above. I can download the vhost, mysql and mail in a TAR and then try rebuilding the container. You're right. A lot of work.

I have a client that tar's web site content and mysql and then moves them to another server. He bypassed migration manager that on the earlier versions was not reliable. My question you Igor is whether or not the mysql table names are stored in the psa database(s). I can move the content that way but recreating the clients on Onyxs baffles me. I don't know the mysql insert commands to 1. pull the data from the losing server (mysql works) and then adding it on Onyx. Suggestions?

There is complex enough stucture, records, dependences in psa database for websites. It is very difficult to correctly create all of them for registering site migrated manually. It is better to create empty site with the same name, databases, mailboxes, and then migrate content and adapt this site to Plesk environment.

The hacker completely destroyed Plesk by deleting its content. Can I rsync it from another same version? Or can I just install the migration manager and how? I am trying to pull one WordPress site after another and recreate the database from a dump, create the user, download the WordPress files, upload them - FTP works but no Plesk or Apache. A lot of mess.

Back