• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

/psa/PMM/logs safe to delete?

JeffreyZ

Basic Pleskian
I have about 2GB in old log files in folder usr/local/psa/PMM/logs that I would like to delete. In particular migration.log files from 2013.

This article http://kb.odin.com/en/113748 says I should first see that no tasks are running and then can delete files from the sessions/, rsessions/ and msessions/ folders. I have 124 tasks running although backup manager and migration manager show no tasks after deleting all tasks from within Plesk panel.

So at this point I don't know how to proceed. "sessions" shows some 2015 activity. "msessions" shows activity from 2013. And then there are folders for "backup-2014..." in the logs folder as well as migration.log.2014... that I'd like to get rid of.

So I have two questions.
1) do I have to figure out what are the tasks that are running
2) can I delete backup and migrations from log files without concern if tasks are running

Attachments

• migration-log-files.png
    migration-log-files.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi JeffreyZ,

with the explanation "but first make sure that no tasks are running on the server", they mean actually RUNNING tasks. There shouldn't be any actual running tasks, when you delete items and subfolders, because this can result in a break for this actual running task, because a program/script might not be able to write the results to the depending log - file.

If you see a different output, it means that some tasks on the server are either in progress or have completed with errors and require your attention. You may search for running or failed tasks in Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Migration Manager or Backup Manager.
The 124 tasks need your attention, because they are finished with errors, which you either can investigate to solve issues/problems, or which you can delete, because investigations took part a long time in the past ( i.e.: 2013 ) and are not at all relevant any more.

I would keep an eye on your very recent tasks ( the last 30 days is mostly a good idea ) and after your investigations, try to solve the issues ( maybe with the help of the community? ), just to be sure, that your server and its programs runs as expected.

Back