• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa-ps-remote: Internal error. Unable to parse e-mail address.

Christopher McBride

Basic Pleskian
Just updated to 10.4.4#41 and seeing the following error messages in /var/log/psa/maillog

Code:
Aug 24 14:38:49 devonto /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[13712]: Internal error. Unable to parse e-mail address.
Aug 24 14:38:49 server123 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[13712]: Unable to get sender-domain handlers from the database
Aug 24 14:38:49 server123 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[13712]: Internal error. Unable to parse e-mail address.
Aug 24 14:38:49 server123 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[13712]: Unable to get sender-domain handlers from the database
Aug 24 14:38:49 server123 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[13712]: Internal error. Unable to parse e-mail address.

I think these may be related to http://kb.parallels.com/en/114511

Can anyone advise if these are related and offer any advice on the matter?

The KB article is dated the 3rd of August, but no resolution offered.

Not quite sure what is happening, as the logs don't show any more details - don't know if mail is being rejected, bounced or completely dropped.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Well according to the article, no solution yet ..However you can easily resolve it by simply stopping to use an apostrophe in the From address

That is my problem at the moment, the logs don't show enough to say if mail is being rejected.

Any recommendations on how to detect this?

Or any update from Parallels on a resolution?

I can't believe I am the only person having this issue?

I have now had confirmation that mail coming into the server with an apostrophe in the from field is being dropped completely.

Support from Parallels on this would be appreciated.

Try to find mailboxes with unsupported symbols. You can get list of all mailboxes on your Plesk with:

select concat(mail.mail_name,"@",domains.name) as address from mail,domains,accounts where mail.dom_id=domains.id and mail.account_id=accounts.id order by address;

Thanks Igor, however all mailboxes on the server seem valid.

The issue is incoming mail from third parties where an apostrophe may be in the email address.

Additionally, a "from" name with an apostrophe causes the same problem.

Seeing this too

Come on Devs! STOP wrecking the code with every update!

Every SINGLE update MUST break something!

It seems like the mail handlers are corrupted. Reconfiguring the handlers using mchk utility will fix the issue.
Please follow the steps below to run the mchk utility.

1. Create a directory. Let us consider directory "support" in this scenario.

# mkdir /root/support

2. Copy all the existing handlers to the directory.

# cp -a /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-* /root/support/
# cp -a /usr/local/psa/handlers/info /root/support/

3. Remove the handlers using the command given below:

# rm -rf /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-*/*
# rm -rf /usr/local/psa/handlers/info/*

4. Stop mailmng service using the command given below:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --stop-service

5. Run the mchk utility using command below.

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

6. Start mailmng service.

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --start-service

I am seeing this error too after upgrading to 11.0.

Has anyone tried to fix the mail handlers? Did it help?

I have the same problem here. ! :(
/usr partition is full now /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog is over 1.5 GB size!

We also have the same issue and would appreciate a fix for it from parallels. While we have no internal email users with these characters we can't do anything about inbound mail which is very messily discarded. All in all its not a good look.

Back