• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Public Ip

F

fpalermo

I’ve got Plesk installed behind a router doing NAT to the ports i’m interested in (web, ftp, ...), so the public IP given by my ISP goes to a router, and the Server in which I’ve got Plesk has 192.168.x.x. IP.

Whenever I register a domain, I have only the option to choose for it the private IP, and the DNS which are registered by default they all point to 192.168.x.x.

Is there any way to put the public IP to this domain?

Thanks.

NoN Standard setup

FIrst off who is your ISP, alot of ISP block port 80 right off the bat to deny web serviing, so if your doing it off comcast or verizon you may have that to deal with.
There are more ports to be forwarded that just 21 and 80 for plesk, all of them should be forwarded to your server which should be static IP.
DNS will need to be set up for the domain, if your running dns locally make sure the info is correct.

I would alos change the 192.168.x.x scheme to a 10.0.0.x

Second to that, you could DMZ the server, setup a local firewall and run it like that.

JIm

Back