1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

QMail/Imap - Plesk 9.2/Suse 11.1 - Permission denied Maildir

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JensP, Sep 14, 2009.

1. JensP

JensP Guest

Hello,

after upgrading from Suse 10 (incl. Plesk 9.2) to 11.1 with Plesk (9.2) there seams to be a problem in the mail configuration. Mails seams to be arrived but authentication with IMAP or POP3 is not possible. In /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog there occurs:

I used the Plesk backup utility to backup my mails and settings, but there were some problems during restoring. Therefore I have copied some Maildirs manually, maybe there is a problem with permissions right now? Is the following ok?

How has the mailnames pemissions to be? Currently the belong to popuser and group. I have runned /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk with no errors, also the auth_view tool shows me the correct users and settings.

It seams that auhtpsa is responsible for authentication, maybe it has no acces to the maidirs? Is there a special setting under wich the courier tries to access the mail directories?

The poppasswd describes in http://kb.odin.com/en/956 /var/qmail/users/ doesn not exists at my machine but the file assign (with correct domains, users, uids und gids) and cdb. Is the poppasswd still needed in 9.2?

any ideas? best wishes.

2. JensP

JensP Guest