1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Qmail issues

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by benc@, Oct 31, 2005.

1. benc@

benc@ Guest

Qmail seems to randomly stop itself... I can't see anything specific in the log files about why it stopped..

I have plesk 7.5.4 and updated it from atomic rocket turtle packages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. elauna

elauna Guest

I have the same problem

Since updated to the latest version 7.5.4 I have the same problem.

I tried stopping DR WEB and SPAM ASSASIN and watch dog, and I lost the hole server... I had to ask the hosting provider to reboot it.

Any Ideas?

3. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

Re: I have the same problem

Make sure you uninstall Watchdog (still too buggy) and I would recommend dumping DrWeb and installing ARTs qmail-scanner and clamav packages, also his updated Spamassassin 3.0.x (uninstall psa-spamassassin first).

I recommend uninstalling DrWeb, Watchdog, psa-spamassassin, and installing ARTs qmail-scanner, clamav, and his updated 3.0.x Spamassassin.

I do this on almost all servers I manage (at least where I have absolute control) and have never had any other problems.

As a replacement for Watchdog, you can either use SIM (free) or 4psa's Server Assistant (not free) products.

4. benc@

benc@ Guest

I did the things mentioned above, and touch wood,... it has been working for the last 12 hours without stopping... which it wouldnt do before.

Thanks for your help, I will give an update in a few days if all is working well.

Thanks again.

Ben