• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail issues

B

benc@

Qmail seems to randomly stop itself... I can't see anything specific in the log files about why it stopped..

I have plesk 7.5.4 and updated it from atomic rocket turtle packages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem

Since updated to the latest version 7.5.4 I have the same problem.

I tried stopping DR WEB and SPAM ASSASIN and watch dog, and I lost the hole server... I had to ask the hosting provider to reboot it.

Any Ideas?

Re: I have the same problem

Originally posted by benc
Qmail seems to randomly stop itself... I can't see anything specific in the log files about why it stopped..

I have plesk 7.5.4 and updated it from atomic rocket turtle packages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure you uninstall Watchdog (still too buggy) and I would recommend dumping DrWeb and installing ARTs qmail-scanner and clamav packages, also his updated Spamassassin 3.0.x (uninstall psa-spamassassin first).

Originally posted by elauna
Since updated to the latest version 7.5.4 I have the same problem.

I tried stopping DR WEB and SPAM ASSASIN and watch dog, and I lost the hole server... I had to ask the hosting provider to reboot it.

Any Ideas?
I recommend uninstalling DrWeb, Watchdog, psa-spamassassin, and installing ARTs qmail-scanner, clamav, and his updated 3.0.x Spamassassin.

I do this on almost all servers I manage (at least where I have absolute control) and have never had any other problems.

As a replacement for Watchdog, you can either use SIM (free) or 4psa's Server Assistant (not free) products.

I did the things mentioned above, and touch wood,... it has been working for the last 12 hours without stopping... which it wouldnt do before.

Thanks for your help, I will give an update in a few days if all is working well.

Thanks again.

Ben

Back