• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail keeps stopping

Hmm, seems that Sw-Soft has tried to fix the WatchDog module problems in the Hotfix2 release today...

(no official release text is online yet, but I just saw it upgrade the Watchdog module and hopefully fixed my reported SpamAssassin problems)

Still haven't tested it though... but will do later today... :)

Originally posted by Pagemakers Is there any way we can find out what these 'minor' upgrades actually fix?

Yes, read the release notes when available :eek:)

But as far as I can tell - the FreeBSD Hotfix2 fixed the following:

1) Upgraded phpBB to 2.0.17 in Application Vault.

2) Fixed the spamassassin bug introduced in the 7.5.4 upgrade (writing wrong .qmail files - rendering the "Delete spam" function unusable) - spam was actually never deleted

3) Fixed the Watchdog Module problems

Originally posted by Whistler
Hmm, seems that Sw-Soft has tried to fix the WatchDog module problems in the Hotfix2 release today...

(no official release text is online yet, but I just saw it upgrade the Watchdog module and hopefully fixed my reported SpamAssassin problems)

Still haven't tested it though... but will do later today... :)

Sadly this does not fix the problem.

This is from Tech Support tonight:

"This update fixes another issues however original problem is not solved yet and we are still waiting for solution from developers."

I've turned weatchdog off again :(

Well, after installing the updates, I am seeing something else odd going on with spamassassin (I did purchase the module for it some time ago) and watchdog via two email messages:

[Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:26:46 -0700] psa-spamassassin-light on somedomain.com: Exists.
'psa-spamassassin-light' process is running with pid 28820

[Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:26:46 -0700] psa-spamassassin-full on somedomain.com: Exists.
'psa-spamassassin-full' process is running with pid 28796

Seems like it is telling me that these are running when I did not instruct it to do so... Turning off watchdog entirely again for now.

Originally posted by Pagemakers Sadly this does not fix the problem.

I've turned weatchdog off again :(

Hmmm, to bad - well, Watchdog has been running here since yesterday afternoon and until now it has not disabled anything...

Will keep an eye on that for the rest of the day I think :)

Originally posted by ideasmultiples Updated and error continue.... watchdog is #$%&&#*. :rolleyes:

As already told here - the Watchdog problem hasen't been fixed - the Hotfix fixed another problem in the Watchdog module.

I had to disable Watchdog again yester as it broke down qmail (still) - so no, problem isen't solved yet - so theres nothing else to do than to wait 'ill it get fixed.

But then again - the watchdog module isen't a core needed feature - so I think it should be easy to live without it and wait til it gets fixed :)

But then again - the watchdog module isen't a core needed feature - so I think it should be easy to live without it and wait til it gets fixed :)

Yes, is a Swsoft beta module offered in a production environment, crazy? ;)

Originally posted by ideasmultiples Yes, is a Swsoft beta module offered in a production environment, crazy? ;)

No, actually not - it was beta tested and was released to public betatesting - if no one reports any errors in the module then Sw-Soft natually assumes it 's working ...

Its just not a big error enough to make me annoyed :) Specially not when things have been public betatested up til this release...

Back