• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Qmail + Plesk + Dedicated Server + GoDaddy (You NEED to know this)

rolo@

Basic Pleskian
I spent DAYS trying to figure out why Qmail's queue was behaving so badly. It seemed to stop after a while. I don't mean the Qmail service stopped; no, it was running allright but not mails were not coming out.

The problem:

I just found out that GoDaddy has a DAILY OUTBOUND LIMIT of 10.000 emails.

Bear this in mind before you purchase hosting (at GoDaddy or someplace else) because I just got screwed. This wasn't in any fine print.

Soooooo. This post's point is not to rant but to give a heads up to those people who have a properly configured system but are having mail troubles.
 
We've never imposed such a limit on our dedicated server customers. Some of our customers push more than this number of email messages and that is perfectly legitimate.

I would say that maybe this is how they keep their costs down - by limiting the bandwidth used. But nterestingly, their prices seem a little high for such restrictions. Especially when you consider their 30 domain package only allows 500GB per month. Ouch!
 
Back
Top