• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail + Plesk + Dedicated Server + GoDaddy (You NEED to know this)

rolo@

Basic Pleskian
I spent DAYS trying to figure out why Qmail's queue was behaving so badly. It seemed to stop after a while. I don't mean the Qmail service stopped; no, it was running allright but not mails were not coming out.

The problem:

I just found out that GoDaddy has a DAILY OUTBOUND LIMIT of 10.000 emails.

Bear this in mind before you purchase hosting (at GoDaddy or someplace else) because I just got screwed. This wasn't in any fine print.

Soooooo. This post's point is not to rant but to give a heads up to those people who have a properly configured system but are having mail troubles.

We've never imposed such a limit on our dedicated server customers. Some of our customers push more than this number of email messages and that is perfectly legitimate.

I would say that maybe this is how they keep their costs down - by limiting the bandwidth used. But nterestingly, their prices seem a little high for such restrictions. Especially when you consider their 30 domain package only allows 500GB per month. Ouch!

Back