• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail problem

B

bonjurkes

Hello,

I upgraded from plesk 8.1.1 to plesk 8.2 then i saw that my server is not sending/receiving mails, so i decided to reinstall qmail, so i type yum remove qmail, then whole plesk messed up.

I can't enter to admin panel, it says access denied. Then i decided to reinstall it and at installation it says

Checking for the group 'qmail'...

ERROR: It seems that there is group qmail
in your system. Plesk uses the same group
name but with another group ID (2520).
Unfortunately, this situation has not yet been
resolved.
Please, visit http://www.swsoft.com/support for assistance.

Exiting...

error: %pre(psa-qmail-1.03-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-qmail-1.03-cos4.build82070706.15
ERROR: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Anyone know how can i solve the error?

edit : sorry for typo

Have you actually done 'yum remove install' to reinstall qmail???? I think you should have done 'yum remove qmail' and then 'yum install qmail' to reinstall qmail. Could be that is the reason of meesup on your box.

sorry :)

my friend typed yum remove qmail, then he said plesk got deleted (but it is broken i guess)

i tried to run psa setup and it give the error above, then i decided to try yum install qmail.

It said it is completed but when i type service qmail status, it said qmail : unrecognized service.

Maybe i can install the psa without installing qmail at installation pack but i dont want to remove my current sites actually.

sorry for my typo..

Back