• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail-send Program Error

J

jsktech

I a one domain that I know of that when I create a new email account it will not work it just keeps bouncing back the message with the following error. All of the existing email accounts for this domain work only new ones I create. Anyone have ideas what might be causing my problem?

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at rh7319479.myserver.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

Try to execute in shell the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk

It should solve your issue.

Should the command
display any results or other kind of massage when it is complete? When I executed the command all I got was a new line, and did not seem to fix my problem. I also restart the mail services after running it.

Go into the Mail settings for the domain in question, disable mail, then enable it. Sometimes that'll clean it up a bit.

I had a simliar problem not long ago where I forgot to stop Plesk while doing a Perl upgrade, which caused a bit of corruption in the database. Enabling/Disabling mail for just that domain fixed it.

Originally posted by jsktech
<[email protected]>:
Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

Check your /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts file and make sure it has entries for all the domains you are hosting. And the /var/qmail/control/locals file should at least have 'localhost'.

Then restart qmail.

Originally posted by jsktech
Should the command
display any results or other kind of massage when it is complete? When I executed the command all I got was a new line, and did not seem to fix my problem. I also restart the mail services after running it.

No, it will be backgrounded and return you to a prompt. To know WHEN it's actually finished try adding -vv to the end.

Stuart

After running mchk I disable mail and then enable it and that seemed to fix my problem.

Thanks

Back