• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail : Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for

C

ciboulette15000

I only use my server for hosting.
Manage their emails through my registar.
I get the following message when I try to email me the website address ([email protected])
Can you help me
thx
Version du Panel : 10.4.4 Mettre à jour #36, dernière mise à jour à Juin 16, 2012 04:00 AM

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at ns123456.ovh.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

When you create a domain in Plesk, DNS records get set up locally (e.g. MX record pointing to your server).

If you have DNS set up at the registrar, obviously these records never see the light of day, sort of thing.

But your server WILL use these records when doing its own local DNS lookups, which will happen when a web form tries to send an email.

And it sounds like you have correctly turned off email (causing "not in my list of control/locals" error) for the domain in question. So you get a situation where your system says "hang on! The MX record points to me, but there's no mailbox! No can do sir!"

The solution is to disable DNS for the domain as well as email. When you do this, you'll normally see that the ns records that were in the domain are still visible when you adjust the DNS settings. These should actually be the nameservers for your registrar, which you need to add manually to the DNS records for the domain before switching it off and remocing any ns records that point to your server.

I think it might work if you totally turn DNS off with no namesevers listed too, but I've never tried it.

Back