• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host...

Matt Grant

Regular Pleskian
I keep getting bounce messages from my web server running Plesk 10.4.4. I use this server strictly as a web server and have disabled the email server on it (which I did with my previous Plesk 9.5.4 server and had no issues).

"Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)"

I googled around and found this http://kb.parallels.com/en/1380, but the fix does not seem to apply to me.

Is there something else I can try?

I think its because you disabled mail services that you keep getting those errors simply because someone or an application is trying to send out or send to your server mail.

I keep getting bounce messages from my web server running Plesk 10.4.4. I use this server strictly as a web server and have disabled the email server on it (which I did with my previous Plesk 9.5.4 server and had no issues).

"Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)"

I googled around and found this http://kb.parallels.com/en/1380, but the fix does not seem to apply to me.

Is there something else I can try?

I'll probably need to know the real domain to give you real world examples on what to check, but my guess is that the problem is you've got 'domain.com' hosted on your web server and the MX records for domain.com point mail at 'domain.com' as the primary mail server. For every other server on the internet other than your web server, this works fine because 'domain.com' probably points at the correct IP of your mail server for that domain, but for the web server, it does the lookup and thinks it should deliver to itself whether you have mail turned on or not.

You can private message me the domain if you'd like and I can try to help further.

Back