• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail to Postifx ?

K

kevork

Hello,

I've just upgraded to 9.0.2, from 8.6.
Is it possible to use postfix instead of qmail for all mailsytem ?.

Thanks!,
Jorge.

Yes it's in the KB articles. Run the installer from shell and select postfix, it will remove qmail and your in business.

Make sure afterwards your postfix is 2.5.6 or locate an updated one for your OS.

Unlike qmail, postfix in plesk is stock package so you can run the most recent version.

Oh, fine!, thank you.
I never run installer from command line whith system full of clients.
Having about 170 domains and about 2000 email account, do you have an aproximate idea how log would it take ?.

Thanks again!.

Not long at all it keeps the mailboxes in /var/qmail.

Only messages in the queue are not processed, but unless you just did a 10k mail list out there is usually none dropped. Any emails in users mailboxes are safe, it's simply any mail in the server queue.

If you need some postfix tweaks I got it ironed out. Unlike qmail it's a stock postfix so you can always use and build the latest and any mods.

Thank you again, and for your offer about postfix. Actually I like postfix very much than qmail, I feel it more friendly. I have setup several mail system using postifx+mysql+amavis+clam on ssytems with no panels, it gave me lot of satisfaction, and calm ...
If you have any tip about using postifx under plesk, I will thank you very very much.
I think I will migrate this in the dark of the night, when clients are -hopefully- sleeping :))

Thanks a lot.

postfix.spec ?

I am trying to get the rpm postfix 2.5.6 for Centos5 x64, but no success ...
Do you know where can I get it ?

Thank you again ...

Back