• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail todo queue

P

phingers

I just recovered from a spam situation, I had 300k in the mail queue.

Anyway for the past few days, i've been monitoring the queue, and for the past three days the todo has been at 23

Messages in local queue: 0
Messages in remote queue: 4
Messages in todo queue: 23
messages in queue: 4
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0

I've tried qmqtool -E

No luck, any other tips? I just want to either A see whats in there, or B wipe it out to 0.

Thanks.

-Bryan

I don't have an answer for you question because I am doing the same thing.

However I tried to install qmqtool but I keep running into issues like "bad interpreter" - what did you do to your install

using "qmqtool", I also show messages in TODO queue: 23

Using qmHandle shows nothing in the queue. I manually looked at the todo que and there was nothing in the folders.

With two others showing the same in the TODO que, I am now wondering if this is a bug in qmqtool?

Actually I found the answer has to do with one of the Qmail patches. It creates 23 folders underneath that to help sort mail and fix a bug in qmail.

So 23 is okay, since it is also counting the folders. Anything more than that, and that is a sign you have things hanging around.

Back