• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Question about backups

zachanthonyuk

New Pleskian
Hello,

My Plesk server has suddenly started to run out of disk space, and after a bit of searching the main culprit seems to be a backup_user-data_{date}.tgz file from a particularly large domain + subdomains. I'm trying to figure out why this file exists.

Plesk has only one scheduled backup, which is server-wide, and which is stored externally via FTP. Backup manager only shows these external backups in its list.

I did mistakenly start a local backup at around the time stamp of this large .tgz file, but I thought I had cancelled it (by deleting it in the list of backups in Backup Manager). I'm wondering if this (and other backup_user-data files) are somehow related to this local backup - maybe it wasn't cancelled properly? If this is the case is there a safe way to find and clean all these backup files, to get some disk space back? Or to get Backup Manager to see them again, so I can clean them via that?

Or are these normal and should be left alone? If so, what generated them? Will they be replaced or added to?

Thanks in advance.

Back