• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quick-Start Guide???

S

selfg

I run a very small Web server for a community college. That server will only ever have one domain, but I would like to set up a number of sub-domains for student accounts (so they can get their own Plesk access). I also have a few instructors who use this server to store documents for students, so they will need a sub-domain with anonymous FTP ability.

I had Plesk 7.5 installed this week and then printed all of the documentation available from the SWsoft site for Plesk 7.5 (those documents fill a rather large 3-ring binder). I've even read most of that documentation. It is quite thorough and clearly explains what every button does on every menu.

However, I think what I need is a good "overview" type of guide. I noticed that SWsoft has a quick-start guide for an earlier version of Plesk (I even read that document in case there was something there that would help), but there is nothing for the latest version.

I'm stumbling along and getting things slowly set up. However, does anyone know of a "How to Get Started" guide for Plesk 7? I think that would be a great help for me (and, possibly, other newbies).

--George

Back