1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Quickstart guide maybe?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by smoked1, May 15, 2007.

1. smoked1

smoked1 Guest

I just started with plesk. I have always done things from the CLI and I am pretty good with Direct Admin but this seems to have a bit of a learning curve. Is there maybe just a quick step by step guide to get me start with Plesk? I'm sure that I can pick things up pretty easy along the way but one major question for me is how secure is a default install of Plesk and what steps need to be taken to lock it down?

2. amit290

amit290 Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hey,

I found reading the Plesk Administrator manual was pretty good at going through all the different tools / options. You can find it under the Support menu --> Plesk Support, and then select the version your running.

Another link I found useful was this:
    http://www.web-hosting-control-pane....php/HOW-TO_setup_a_PLESK_Dedicated_Server/6/

A little bit more advanced, and explains more about securing your server.