• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quit integrating SWsoft SPAM adverts into our PAID software

At the time of writing - this thread has attracted 100 posts, and 6098 individdual views, most probably one of the most active threads on the forum - yet still no explanation from sw-soft with regard to this issue, now to me that is un-acceptable...

Every other software development company I have dealt with knows that their products and product news should be marketed towards their own clients, NOT their clients clients.

I.e. The adverts and news (if they insist) should be displayed in the admin panel only, NOT the client/domain user/email user panel (in this case).

Apparently there will be a hotfix released by the end of this week, but I'm not sure what it does. I know it will not remove the Virtuozzo advert so keep emailing your sales rep.

Surely SWsoft should be working WITH their clients rather than against them :mad:

Just adding my 2cents that the advertisemts should be removed. That adds me to the climing number of people who do not want it.

SW-Soft, please listen to your customers.

I wouldn't normally do this but SWsoft have driven me to desperate measures in order to get a response from them. I got one email from the COO of SWsoft but no follow ups from him or my sales rep. I send emails daily (because I get no reply) but never receive a response.

May I suggest EVERYONE email Jack Zubarev (COO of swsoft) [email protected] and let him know how you feel about this fiasco?

I've posted his email on the official SWsoft forums so it can be removed if they so wish.

I totally agree.
We have about 30 SWSoft licenses that is worth a lot of many
And still we got this kind of spam?

It looks like SWSoft is trying to steal customers of there own customers.
It won;t be the first company who kills itself by this sort of 'marketing'.

Originally posted by SHGreg
I hope everyone is still complaining about the Virtuozzo advert (top right). They're not going to consider removing it unless we all do.

:(

This is the end of the road. I am done with SWSoft.

I was told today that this will not be removed, and I can downgrade to 8.0 if I do not like it.

It's frustrating when customers ask if they are:

a) On a VPS and not a real hosting company

or

b) Think they have VPS access because of Virtuozzo

This is portraying a bad image.

Has anyone tried phoning them yet?

I got some news - though i dont think they are paying attention -

I sent the following -
To: Jack Zubarev
Subject: Unwanted advertising in Plesk software

Can you please give some feedback as to when this issue will be resolved as this is by far and away the one thing that will ensure that in the future we will not be using your product for new servers, this flagrant spamming of unwanted advertising with no option to disable them is the one thing that spoils what is otherwise an excellent product.

Regards
And got this reply

Quote from Jack -

We should have an update tomorrow or Wednesday (i'am checking the exact date now) that fixes the bug that prevented complete disabling of MPC for all users. Please let me know if you've reffered to this bug or to smth else.

Thanks,
Jack

To which i replied with -

If MPC refers to the marketing that seems to be finding its way into the product such as the plug for virtuoso then that is the same issue.

And still i have no answer to my origional quesiton!

8.0.1 vs 8.1

Anyone here still using 8.0.1 with autoupdates?

I have a limited autoupdate function with 8.0.1 but the advertising of 8.1 as well as other "new and improved" functions have also been installed without a full 8.1 install/update causing us problems with the server and questions from our clients.

We will consider updating to 8.1 if the other posted problems (many as they are) have been brought to a controllable level.

Searched all forums and found no definitive answer to the problem of updating from 8.0.1 to 8.1.

Help and insight appreciated.

Back