• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quit integrating SWsoft SPAM adverts into our PAID software

not a talking, but firing, and if the one that came up with the idea was the pressident of SW-Soft, then he should resign hist post, as obviously he knows NOTHING about business, I wont go deep on this as it has been already discused, put ads on free software, not on HEAVY COSTLY PAID software.

Hopefully everyone here is continuing to email or phone their sales reps on a daily basis, asking when the advertisements will be REMOVED (not an option to disable, which doesn't even work).

We need it REMOVED from licensed products. I agree that whoever made the decision to do this needs to be fired. If SWsoft was my business and an employee caused all this distress to my customers, they would be kicked out the door.

We should also receive an apology from management.

Originally posted by SHGreg
Hopefully everyone here is continuing to email or phone their sales reps on a daily basis, asking when the advertisements will be REMOVED (not an option to disable, which doesn't even work).

We need it REMOVED from licensed products. I agree that whoever made the decision to do this needs to be fired. If SWsoft was my business and an employee caused all this distress to my customers, they would be kicked out the door.

We should also receive an apology from management.

More than an apology, we should all get a check in the mail for ANY profit they made on the unsolicited SPAM :)

Just posting to express my support - this is totally wrong, i too are looking around at other options. Plesk is not rocket science or that complex in essence this shift in product stance means as a company providing many dedicated and shared host for our customers we will seriously be looking at other options as we want to keep our customers experiance as trouble and hassle free when using our servies and they should not be advertisied products which we have not agreed to be advertised to them.

I woulndnt be supprised if this goes against the various advertising standards agencies policies - this is simply a disgusting abuse of trust!

To renew or not.....

Jan 7 all our lincenses are due.

What are we going to gain paying?

We are on 7.5.4 and everything works...

We get to pay to go to somerthing buggy and has advertising in it?

Doesn't sound like a good deal to us. Renewals are 25% now of the full cost or 65% if we don't now and renew when they get a non buggy piece of software..

That's like being caught between a virtual rock and a hard place :)

Luckily, we have learnt to wait 2-4 months after a new release before upgrading our servers. To those who have upgraded, can you confirm the new removal options and whether they work?

Newsfeeds - Successfully removes the Horde newsfeeds but fails to remove Plesk news for both Clients and Domain Administrators?

Virtuozzo promotion - Hides menu icon but fails to remove advert in top bar?

Fotolia promotion - Buttons successfully removed from all skins?

Originally posted by tonyolm
To renew or not.....

Jan 7 all our lincenses are due.

What are we going to gain paying?

We are on 7.5.4 and everything works...

We get to pay to go to somerthing buggy and has advertising in it?

Doesn't sound like a good deal to us. Renewals are 25% now of the full cost or 65% if we don't now and renew when they get a non buggy piece of software..

That's like being caught between a virtual rock and a hard place :)

You can renew SUS now but wait for a few months to update your Plesk and license.

what he meant is, you can renew SUS, but not upgrade your plesk software (asuming you are not yet on 8.1), wait for when the spam is removed, and then upgrade your plesk software.

Originally posted by tonyolm
But what if it's still buggy and the adverts still are there ?:)

They will be removed by then. The majority of bugs will be gone from 8.1 in 3-6 months. In the meantime, you can upgrade to 8.0.1 which is quite stable.

Originally posted by ZeroSixty
What is going on SWsoft? Why are you spamming MY clients with YOUR products that are of absolutely no use to them??

I have paid a lot of money for each of my Plesk licences and do not appreciate you forcing adverts on to my hosting clients. I expect adverts in free products but not SOFTWARE I HAVE PAID FOR! :mad:

The name SWsoft should NOT appear anywhere to the end user. Admin panel only, if you must. Give us the option to:

REMOVE Plesk News
REMOVE News feed in Webmail (adverts IMO)
REMOVE any mention of Dr.Web if not installed
REMOVE any mention of Virtuozzo if not installed
REMOVE Adverts in top banner
REMOVE Fotolia links

PATCH REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY :mad:

Dont forget, they have even HIDDEN a link to BUY GOOGLE DOMAINS AND SSL CERTS! Talk about being sneaky, Sw-Soft put the links in the Myplesk.com link, Hidden in side the Mail preferences for each domain!!

Im actually thinking about filing a lawsuit against SW-Soft for unfair business practices!

HOW DO I REMOVE THE MYPLESK.COM LINK FROM MY CLIENTS PANELS! YOU HAVE ADDED A COMPETITORS PRODUCTS TO MY PANEL!!!

Re: Re: Quit integrating SWsoft SPAM adverts into our PAID software

Originally posted by cmurphy
Dont forget, they have even HIDDEN a link to BUY GOOGLE DOMAINS AND SSL CERTS! Talk about being sneaky, Sw-Soft put the links in the Myplesk.com link, Hidden in side the Mail preferences for each domain!!

Im actually thinking about filing a lawsuit against SW-Soft for unfair business practices!

HOW DO I REMOVE THE MYPLESK.COM LINK FROM MY CLIENTS PANELS! YOU HAVE ADDED A COMPETITORS PRODUCTS TO MY PANEL!!!

Go to Interface Management -> Interface Templates
Click on Interface customization template

and Click on "Show toolbar"

there then go to every page you want on the control panel and "HIDE, ADMIN, SHOW" buttons.

its prety simple.

btw. this is on 8.0.1

ya man i was born at night, but it wasnt last night :)

Tried that already, and trying to follow this example, i get a greyed out "customize" button in the toolbar, as well as text beside it that says "There are no customizable controls on this screen."

So i guess they purposefully built in check to prevent us from removing it?

Who knows, its neither here nor there, we have already began migrating boxes to cpanel.

well good luck with cpanel, i'll keep my 8.0.1 until they remove all spam and **** from plesk, cpanel have never been of my like nor of my clients so, i'll stay with plesk for a long while.

We have run both Plesk and Cpanel servers for a long time. And though Plesk is much "prettier", the only servers we have that dont consistently crash is Cpanel!

I put off leaving plesk for a long time due to the sheer number of clients on plesk boxes we have but i am so sick and tired of being sick and tired, that i think its time to move. Both for my, and my customers sanity.

Originally posted by cmurphy
We have run both Plesk and Cpanel servers for a long time. And though Plesk is much "prettier", the only servers we have that dont consistently crash is Cpanel!

Well either you use different builds of Plesk to the ones we are given by SWsoft or you're not managing those servers correctly. We've not had a server "crash" due to Plesk ever, and have been using Plesk 5.5 years across hundreds of servers and VPS's. Sure Plesk has it's faults, as do SWsoft, but there are workarounds for all the problems if you have good techs looking after the servers and the benefits of using Plesk still far outweigh the problems for us.

Originally posted by Cranky
Well either you use different builds of Plesk to the ones we are given by SWsoft or you're not managing those servers correctly. We've not had a server "crash" due to Plesk ever, and have been using Plesk 5.5 years across hundreds of servers and VPS's. Sure Plesk has it's faults, as do SWsoft, but there are workarounds for all the problems if you have good techs looking after the servers and the benefits of using Plesk still far outweigh the problems for us.

Ya i guess it's just me. That's why I cant find ANY posts on these forums about bugs, troubles or issues of any kind. What do you work for SW-Soft Now?

Lol.....anyway. take care.

Back