• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quota - Bandwidth, Space, and other resources

S

SupermanInNY

Hi Y'all,

I am using Helm CP and I just learned it doesn't have hard limits on resources.

If I set a user with 15GB bandwidth, and he reaches the 15GB limit,. what happens?

With Helm,.. nothing happens,. he goes on to enjoy the no limits.

In my cPanel box (Linux), the user gets a 80% usage warning,. alerting him to his usage, and at 101% his account is showing: "Bandwidth Exceeded" page and until he upgrades, he cannot access the website.

Whats going on with Plesk for Windows?

The same thing happens with Disk Space.
In Helm... no limits! Upload away..
With cPanel.. the Linux Quota per user kicks in and you cannot upload a single MB beyond your quota.

Whats the situation with Plesk?

Thanks,

-Alon.

Plesk is more flexible in this plan. It can set as hard and only information limits. If you set hard limits client will be blocked when he will exceed this limit. If you set only information limit client will not be blocked when he will exceed it's limit but administrator will know that this client has reached it limit.

Originally posted by OlegB
Plesk is more flexible in this plan. It can set as hard and only information limits. If you set hard limits client will be blocked when he will exceed this limit. If you set only information limit client will not be blocked when he will exceed it's limit but administrator will know that this client has reached it limit.

Thats great news to know!

Now I need a good deal on Plesk :).

I see a hard limit for domain space, but not for domain traffic.

Can we not set a hard limit for the bandwidth useage?

Back