• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quota exceeding warning

How am I supposed to run this code Cranky?

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

Where do I go in the plesk control panel?

To run that command you would need to SSH into the server as root user.

Side note: if you are running Plesk 7.5.4 and if the mchk utility gives you a seg fault error, then you would need to update to the lastest hotfix patches which I hear will fix the mchk utility.

Now, after patching, I get:

Code:
mchk: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Too many connections

I am VERY disappointed in Plesk. Just threw down a lot of money for it, and all I have to show for it are a lot of unhappy customers.

After looking through lots of other threads, it looks as of this kind of error can be worked around by inserting a line into /etc/my.cnf.

Code:
[mysqld]
set-variable=max_connections=500

(Everyone spoke about this line as if it was already supposed to be in there, but for me it wasnt)

When I entered this line, mysqld wouldn't restart. However, when I set the max to 200, the service was able to restart. Also, as an added bonus, mchk FINALLY ran without error.

Does this help anyone else out?

Well, let me say this first #$##$ $#*&#$^ $#&^#@@!&%^#@ %#*&^$# godaddy $#*&#$*#&#$*&#@ #$*&#$ godaddy #$&^#&^#$ #$## godaddy... Ok.. a little better now. I did the censoring myself as I already know that kind of language won't fly on just about any forum.

Godaddy has been zero help on this issue and that's an understatement.

Anyway, I recently had a client say that all their emails were giving this quota warning and it's been going on for awhile now. I did some testing and sure enough, I would get the alert back pretty quick. For the heck of it, I decided to setup a global mailbox quota of 50mb for the domain and repeated the previous test exactly the same and never received a warning. I went to his webmail and all the emails were received. I figure 50mb should be plenty enough storage for any normal person and even for those people who insist on forwarding 2mb joke files every 10 minutes (any webmaster could rant for an hour on that subject alone).

So, for now the problem seems resolved, but I'll be sure to post an update in a few weeks to let everyone know if it's definately working.

It's been awhile now and haven't received a single complaint from this company. Looks like setting the high limit resolved the problem. I guess for anyone needing even larger files, just set the limits extremely high instead of using "unlimited" and the quota warnings will go away.

Thanks for trying to help everyone.

Hi, looks like i have the same problem with you . can tell me how to setup global mailbox quota please ... :(

In the domain area there is a LIMITS option where I set the quota to 50000KB. But then I decided that it was easy enough to do a group operation on every email and set the quota to 50000KB. You just go to the mail service and on the far right of the email list you have small boxes. Put a checkmark in the top header box and all emails will get a check, then select group operations and put in your quota in.

ok thank you very much for your answer :) .
my problem already solved :D :D :D

Back