• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

quota for all maiboxes in a service-plan?

L

lhwparis

Is it possible to set a mail-box quota for all mailboxes in a service-plan?

For example max-mailboxspace for service-plan = 25GB
now the customer can create 5 mailboxes with 5GB quota or a single mailbox with 25GB quota and so on
is this possible? as i know its not:(? would be a cool feature i think.

till now you can set a quota per mailbox but if you give your user the abbillity to create 20 mailboxes he is able to create 20 mailboxes with max-quota. a way to limit mailbox creation by used mailbox-quota would be great.

Total mailboxes quota - the total amount of disk space in megabytes available for all mailboxes within the subscription is available only for Windows hosting now.

very usefull feature:) any plans to port it to linux version?

There is quota for each mailbox. And seems it is related to performance because quota should be recalculated for each incoming email... So, it is related to linux MTA features. Maybe total mailboxes quota feature will be implemented to Linux Plesk version too.

There is quota for each mailbox. And seems it is related to performance because quota should be recalculated for each incoming email... So, it is related to linux MTA features. Maybe total mailboxes quota feature will be implemented to Linux Plesk version too.

thanks Igor think you missunderstoud me. i dont wanna have a "service-plan-wide" quota and if it is full customers cant get mails. i want this quota to be checkt if a customer creates NEW mailboxes and that this quota checks the actual maximum-allowed-quota for each mailbox NOT the quota used by this mailboxes.

so you can give a user 25GB mail-space. he can chose he want to create 1 mailbox with 25gb max-quota or 5 mailboxes each with 5gb max-quota. if max-quota (not actual quota) for ALL mailboxes reaches the "subscription-max-email-quota" the customer should not be able to create more mailboxes.

i see this as an alternative way to the restricion "max count of mailboxes a user can create".

Back